By patricia whyte
Prep time 25 mins
Cooking time 20-30 mins
8 - 12
2 cups self-raising flour
90g butter, chopped
2/3 cup milk
For the filling
120g butter, softened
4 tablespoons Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar (or half cinnamon and half white sugar)
For the icing
1 cup Chelsea Icing Sugar
1 tablespoon boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Sift flour and salt into bowl, then rub chopped butter into flour using your finger tips
3. Make a well in the centre and add almost all the milk. Mix lightly to make a soft dough (add the rest of the milk if necessary.)
4. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
5. Roll out dough to a 25 x 40cm rectangle of 5mm thickness.
6. To make the filling; beat the butter with brown sugar and cinnamon sugar with electric beaters until light and fluffy. Spread evenly over the dough rectangle
7. Roll up dough from the long side and using a sharp knife, slice the dough into 3cm pieces.
8. Place scroll pieces on to the greased tray cut-side up. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
9. Drizzle with icing.
10. To make the icing;combine icing sugar and boiling water in a small bowl beat until smooth.
This recipe has been submitted by a Chelsea Recipe Club member, and has not been tested by Chelsea Sugar.