November 25, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Self saucing pudding and ginger desserts are hearty choices for those cool, winter nights. The great thing about puddings is the versatile nature of the dessert. Quick to make you can dress them up for a stylish dinner party, or have as a quick midweek family dessert.
There are a few ways to revive those old family favourites:
- Add fruit and nuts to give more nutrition.
- Dress the pudding up by making individual servings in small ramekins.
- Add the seeds of a vanilla pod to the cream you serve with the pudding.
- Add chunks of dark chocolate to the batter to the Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding – which will give you the occasional mouthful of molten chocolate.
Here are a few puddings to get you started:
- Pecan and Golden Syrup Puddings
- Self Saucing Ginger Toffee Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Cake with Golden Syrup
- Self Saucing Mixed Berry Puddings
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Old Fashioned Gingerbread Loaf
- Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce