Celebrate in the imaginative land of enchanted fairies and pixies.
- Make the invitation into a scroll and tie with coloured ribbon, deliver placed inside a little organza bag. Fill the bag with magic stones, leaves and flower petals.
- Make your own invites out of plain card and then go wild with the glitter and jewels.
- Instead of using plain card, try writing on a large leaf with a metallic pen (real or plastic).
- Guests can come dressed as a fairy, pixie or elf (anything magical).
- Give each guest a secret flower name on arrival - Iris, Lily, Silvermist, Bluebell, Daisy, Blossom, Violet, etc. (search the internet for more names, there are so many to choose from) - and get them to make a wish!
- Find a shady place with lots of trees.
- Enhance the mood with magic stones, bubbles, fairy dust, flowers and toadstools.
- Creat a fairy land by making a tent with shimmery fabric. Add fairy lights for a magical feel.
- Or you can decorate the house like an enchanted forest. Bring in all the pot plants you can find and cut out giant flowers and leaves from coloured card. Wrap ivy (real or plastic) around the furniture and around the front door.
- Instead of Musical Chairs, try playing musical mushrooms or sunflowers. You can create cardboard mushroom or sunflower cut-outs to play with. Remove a mushroom or sunflower after every turn, until only one remains.
- Play Musical Statues, but call it Forest freeze. As soon as the music stops, the children have to stand as still as an ancient tree until the music starts again, anyone caught moving before then is out.
- Hide little magical treasures like spray painted pressed leaves, flower petals and acorns around the garden or house.