For invitations, write party details on a banana or a giant paw print shapes cut from cardboard. Ask the party guests to dress up in their favourite jungle clothes.
- Decorate the room with red, yellow and green balloons.
- For the table top keep it green! Lots of different shades (like a leaf green cloth) will help make your room look like a jungle.
- Create jungle animals with face paint. You will need face paints, water, paint brushes and sponges. (Wet the sponge and dip it in the paint.)
- Decorate your house with as many soft toys as you can find.
- Place tiger paw prints (cardboard cut out) on the path leading to the front door.
- Fill the house with as many large plants as possible to create a 'jungle' feel.
- As a centrepiece, place coconuts and bananas on the party table amongst lengths of plant vine, ivy or banana leaves.
- Tiger in the Middle (Same rules as 'Piggy in the Middle').
- Follow the Monkey - Start with the birthday child modelling monkey type actions, with the rest of the children following. Make sure everyone gets a turn to play the monkey.
- 'Pin the tail on the Tiger or Monkey'.
- 'Pass the Banana'. (Same rules as 'Pass the Parcel')
- Make 'binoculars' from cardboard tubes or toilet rolls, paint and attach a strap. Go on an 'Animal Hunt' to find stuffed toys hidden around the 'jungle'.
- Hold a competition to see who has the loudest roar!