Big monsters, little monsters, silly monsters, funny monsters - gather them all for some mad monster fun.
Cut the shape of a monster foot from green paper (like Big Foot's foot) and use a black marker to colour in the toenails. Then print the words "You're Invited to a Stompin' Good Monster Party!" on the front. Turn the foot over and print the party details on the back side. Instead of labelling the party date, print "Stomping Day: [date]".
- Face paint every little guest on arrival. You will need face paint, water, paint brushes and sponges. (Wet the sponge and dip it in the paint)
- Place cardboard cut out monster foot prints on the path leadin to the front door, or try drawing monster footprints on the sidewalk with chalk.
- Hang a sign on your front door that says "Warning, monsters inside! Enter at your own risk!"
- Think green and black as the main colours. Fill the room with balloons and streamers in these colours.
- Create a dramatic look in the main party room by replacing the light bulbs with green or blue bulbs.
- Crayons and a colouring-in picture of a monster for the place mat.
- Play 'pin the tail on the monster'.
- Play sleeping monster - when you call sleeping monsters, kids fall to the floor and lie still as can be.
- Make a big monster face out of cardboard with a wide-cut-out mouth. Get an adult or older child to hold it up, with the kids trying to throw balls in to the mouth of the monster.
- Play 'roaring' games - who can roar the loudest, the quietest, the longest?
- Monster Dash - Played the same as the Red Light/Green Light game. Let the birthday child be the monster first, and stand facing away from the other players. The other players should stand about 10 metres away. When the monster says "Dash", the players should creep up on the monster while his/her back is turned. The monster should quickly say "Stop" and turn around. The players must freeze where they are as soon as they hear the word "Stop". If the monster sees anyone still moving, that person is out. The monster should continue saying "Dash" and "Stop". The winner is the one who passes the monster first. This person gets to be the monster in the next round of the game.
- Mummy Wrapping Game - You will need: Rolls of toilet paper and fun music. Divide the children into teams of three and give each team a roll of toilet paper. Tell the children their job is to wrap one member of their team like a mummy. (Don't wrap the face for safety reasons). Turn on the music, set a timer for ten minutes, and let them begin. Once finished, let all the mummies walk around and model their wrapping job for the other guests. If desired, let the children vote for the best mummy.