Fig, Apple and Walnut Paste
By Chelsea SugarThis fig paste stays fresh for months and also makes great gifts when set in little ramekins.24 servings
Prep time 10 mins
Cooking time 14 mins
500g (4 medium) Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
Juice of 1 lemon
3 cups Chelsea Jam Setting Sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1¼ cups finely chopped dried figs
125g toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Line 2 x 12 hole (1/3 cup) muffin trays with plastic wrap.
2. Weigh apples ensuring you have 500g. Process apples in food processor until it forms a smooth puree.
3. Combine apple puree, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and figs in a large heavy based saucepan. Cook, stirring over medium heat for 10 mins.
4. Increase heat and bring to the boil, for 4 mins. Remove from heat and stir through walnuts.
5. Pour into prepared muffin pans and allow to set overnight in the refrigerator.
6. To serve, unwrap paste and enjoy with a selection of cheeses.